The increase in the demand for Bioplastic Material, the rising popularity of Bi-Axially Oriented Films, and the elevated demand for Sustainable Packaging Solutions has resulted in boosting the medical packaging films market.
Market Size – USD 5.70 Billion in 2018, Market Growth – CAGR of 5.1%, Market Trends – The increase in the demand for Bioplastic Material
The global medical packaging films market is forecast to reach USD 8.58 Billion by 2026, according to a new report by Reports and Data. Different market factors are supporting the market expansion. One of the mentionable factors being the continuous focus on R&D activities by various market players. The emphasis on R&D activities has resulted in the development of products like- the antibiotic films which emits ozone or smart films that are effective in emitting antioxidants, absorbs gases. Changing consumer preference and increasing environment concerns among consumers is another mentionable factor which are opening up new avenues for the operation of the market. The changing consumer preference has resulted in an increasing demand for bioplastic material. For catering to such changing consumer preference and stay relevant to market demand, key players are launching new products. As an instance, in 2018, Amcor, a mentionable market player had innovated two sustainable packagings, namely- PolyInert laminates and AluFix Retort Xtra, which has gained popularity for its efficacy and enhanced consumer convenience.
Different inorganic strategies opted by market players have also resulted in spurring the growth of the overall market. In August 2018, Bemis Company, Inc. (US) was acquired by Amcor Limited in an all-stock combination. Such initiatives help in enhancing R&D capacities and increase their geographical presence, which, in a way, helps in the expansion of the overall market.
Get a sample of the report @ https://reportsanddata.com/sample-enquiry-form/1769
The report initially offers market introduction, market overview, product scope, market opportunities, growth prospects, risks, limitations, and key drivers. The report also covers a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape with extensive profiling of the key competitors. It covers recent technological advancements, product developments, product launches, mergers and acquisitions, collaborations, joint ventures, and partnerships.
Key Companies in the market include:
Berry Global Group, Renolit, Dowdupont, Amcor, Polycine GmbH, Weigao Group, 3M, Covestro AG, Wipak Group and Glenroy.
Further key findings from the report suggest
- The medical packaging films market held a market share of USD 5.70 Billion in the year 2018 with a growth rate of 5.1% during the forecast period.
- In context to Product type, the High Barrier Film segment generated the highest revenue of USD 2.74 Billion in 2018 with the second-highest growth rate of 5.4% during the forecast period. Factors like increasing demand for healthcare products with extended shelf life along with the minimal scope of bacterial contamination, and effectiveness of this type of product in providing with an effective barrier from gas, moisture, water results in its increased preference in healthcare & pharmaceutical industry and contributes to the revenue generated by this segment.
- In context to Film Structure, the Coextrusions segment held the largest market share of 56.0% in 2018, with the second-highest growth rate of 5.2% during the forecast period. The occupied market share by the Coextrusions segment is attributed to its ability to provide with multilayer film structure at a lower cost as compared to other film structure. The applicability of this film structure on varied materials like polyvinyl chloride, polypropylene, is another factor contributing to its occupied market share.
- In context of Application, the Bags segment occupies the largest market share of 65.0% in 2018, with the fastest growth rate of 5.6% during the forecast period. The extensive requirement of medical bags in healthcare sector contributes to the segment’s occupied market share. Its growth rate is the result of the increasing demand for low-cost packaging in the pharmaceutical and healthcare industry.
- In regards to region, North America occupies the second-largest market share of 27.0% in 2018 with the second-highest CAGR of 5.3% during the forecast period. Presence of several key players in this region like Glenroy, 3M Company, DuPont along within well-established pharmaceutical industry and increasing geriatric population are some of the mentionable factors contributing to the region’s occupied market share.
Market segment analysis:
Product Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2016-2026)
- Thermoformable Film
- Metallized Film
- High Barrier Film
Material Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2016-2026)
- Polypropylene (PP)
- Polyethylene (PE)
- Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC)
- Polyamide (PA)
Film structure Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2016-2026)
- Single films
Application Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2016-2026)
Regional segmentation comprises of a current and forecast estimation of the market in the key geographical regions such as North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. The report also covers the scope of individual applications and types in each region. The report also covers details about production and consumption patterns, technological developments, revenue growth, market size, market share, key trends and demands influencing market growth in the region, and robust presence of key players in the region.
To know more about the report @ https://reportsanddata.com/report-detail/medical-packaging-films-market
Regional analysis further covers a country-wise analysis to offer insights into key trends and demands in each major country that might affect the growth of the market in the region.
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
Key Features of the Global Medical Packaging Films Market Report:
- Comprehensive analysis of the key players operating in the market along with their SWOT analysis, their business profiles, business overview, market share, global position, and market value
- Identification and analysis of significant trends and factors driving revenue growth of the market
- Analysis of the competitive landscape along with strategic mergers, expansions, agreements, partnerships, joint ventures, acquisitions, and product launches
- Assessment of each market segment along with their growth trends and market revenue contribution
- Study of the key regions to pinpoint growth potential and study opportunities, threats, limitations, and risks
Request a customization of the report @ https://reportsanddata.com/request-customization-form/1769
Thank you for reading our report. Customization of this report is available according to the client’s needs. Please get in touch with us to know more about the customization feature and our team will ensure the report is tailored as per your requirements.