Laxatives are drugs used in the treatment of constipation and to promote evacuation of bowels by increase bowel movements. Although there is a difference in their mechanism of action but all laxatives increase the water content of faeces and thereby ease their removal.
The market for laxatives is a bloated market with the growing demand due to rise in risk factors associated with constipation. The risk factors include sedentary lifestyle, overweight, long working hours which affect consumption patterns etc. The other factors driving the market are availability of laxatives as over the counter medicines without prescription and the falling prices of most laxatives due to rise of synthetic products. The off label use of laxatives also results in greater demand than is needed due to wasteful and inappropriate use of these medicines and results in laxative abuse. Laxative abuse is a condition in which the body is unable to expel faces due to excessive stimulation by chronic use of laxatives. Chronic use of laxatives may also results in disturbance of electrolyte balance, hypotension, hypokalaemia, rhabdomyolysis, steatorrhoea, etc.
The market restraints are the side effects associated with the medicines such as their habit forming potential, flatulence, abdominal cramps, dehydration etc. The market is flooded with plethora of products with dubious claims which reduces the credibility of the market by raising the cost of selection. The relaxed regulations has induced many dubious producers to flood the market with spurious and even harmful products which is the greatest threat to the market.
Key Players for Global Laxatives market:
- AstraZeneca plc,
- Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH,
- Bayer AG,
- Abbott Laboratories,
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company and others
Study Objectives Global Laxatives market:
- To provide detailed analysis of the market structure along with forecast for the next 6 years of the various segments and sub-segments of the global laxatives market
- To provide insights about factors affecting the market growth
- To analyze the market based on various factors- price analysis, supply chain analysis, porters five force analysis etc.
- To provide historical and forecast revenue of the market segments and sub-segments with respect to four main geographies and their countries- Americas, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Middle East & Africa.
- To provide country level analysis of the market with respect to the current market size and future prospective
- To provide country level analysis of the market for segments by mechanism of action, by type, by route of administration
- To provide overview of key players and their strategic profiling in the market, comprehensively analyzing their core competencies, and drawing a competitive landscape for the market
- To track and analyze competitive developments such as joint ventures, strategic alliances, mergers and acquisitions, new product developments, and research and developments globally.
- Global Transdermal Drugs Manufacturers
- Global Transdermal Devices Manufacturers
- Research and Development Laboratories
- Market Research and Consulting Service Providers
Global Laxatives market has been segmented on the basis of mechanism of action into bulk forming, emollient, stimulant, osmotic and others. On the basis of type the market has been segmented into organic and synthetic. On the basis of route of administration the market has been segmented into oral and rectal.
Access Report Details @ https://www.marketresearchfuture.com/reports/laxatives-market
Regional Analysis of Global Laxatives market:
Globally North America is the largest market for global Laxatives market. Europe is the second-largest market for global laxatives market. However the developing regions market particularly Asia Pacific will be the fastest growing and will be the key to the future.
The report for Global Laxatives Market of Market Research Future comprises of extensive primary research along with the detailed analysis of qualitative as well as quantitative aspects by various industry experts, key opinion leaders to gain the deeper insight of the market and industry performance. The report gives the clear picture of current market scenario which includes historical and projected market size in terms of value and volume, technological advancement, macro economical and governing factors in the market. The report provides details information and strategies of the top key players in the industry. The report also gives a broad study of the different markets segments and regions.
About Market Research Future:
At Market Research Future (MRFR), we enable our customers to unravel the complexity of various industries through our Cooked Research Report (CRR), Half-Cooked Research Reports (HCRR), Raw Research Reports (3R), Continuous-Feed Research (CFR), and Market Research & Consulting Services.