Geocells, also known as Cellular Confinement Systems (CCS), are three dimensional structures with interconnected cells, which resemble a honeycomb-like structure. Geocells are devised by joining swathe/stripes of High Density Poly Ethylene (HDPE) at equal lengths. Compact, non-cohesive material form the infill material of geocells which is then trapped with thin the walls of the cellular unit. The resulting composite then forms a sturdy or semi-sturdy structure. Depth and size of geocells and that of the cellular unit can differ depending on the design. Three dimensional confinement of geocells membrane increases load bearing capacity of loose/weak soil base. Geocells are used for various purposes such as soil stabilization, load support, and retaining walls. They are used in road construction to reduce pavement thickness and also to increase the life span of pavements, particularly in unconsolidated soil.
Get The Holistic SAMPLE With Research Methodology:
• The growing construction industry is a major factor boosting demand for geocells. Geocells are widely used in infrastructural development activities such as construction of express highways, rail tracks, water dams, and airports. Construction of such heavy structures over unconsolidated soil is challenging and unreliable and can be addressed by improving the engineering properties of the soil with the help of geocells. Furthermore, increasing awareness about sustainable infrastructural development is expected to propel demand for geocells. For instance, according to Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB), in 2017, the global construction industry was valued at US$ 10.8 trillion and is expected to reach US$ 17.5 trillion by 2030 with an average global construction growth rate of 3.9%, annually.
• Erosion control blanket is another application of geocells that is used for prevention of soil erosion and water erosion. According to a study published by the Indian Institute of Remote Sensing (IIRS) in June 2015, soil erosion has reached a level that endangers the sustainable supply of food for the global population, particularly in India where, 147 mH (million hectares) out of 328 million hectares are undergoing soil degradation. To overcome this problem, various schemes and initiatives are being taken by the government of India through public and private partnerships such as Integrated Watershed Management Program (IWMP).
• The geocells market in emerging economies such as China, India, and Brazil is expected to register significant CAGR owing to rapid growth of the construction industry in these economies. According to the Global Construction 2030 perspective and Oxford Economies, in 2016, the global construction industry was valued at US$ 9.5 trillion which is expected to grow by 85% to US$ 17.5 trillion by 2030, with China, U.S., and India accounting for 57% of the global share. Moreover, according to the India Brand Equity Foundation (IBEF), India is expected to overtake Japan as the third largest construction market by 2025, growing at a rate of 7.4%, annually.
• Africa is expected to witness significant growth in the geocells market owing to increasing awareness and government initiatives regarding water and soil conservation. African Forest Landscape Restoration is an initiative, which is funded by the German Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development and the World Resources Institute. The initiative focuses on bringing 100 million hectares of degraded forest landscapes into the process of restoration by 2030.
Key players in Global geocells Market:-
Key players operating in the global geocells market are Fiberweb plc. Geocel Limited, TMP Geosynthetics, Anhui Huifeng New Synthetic Materials Co., Ltd., Enviro Pro Tech, Inc., Strata Geosystems (India) Pvt. Ltd, PRESTORUS, Roofiran Mashhad Branch, GeoGlobe Europe LTD, AHED Plastic Industry and Trade Company, and others
Buy This Complete A Business Report: https://www.coherentmarketinsights.com/insight/buy-now/2499
On the basis of product type, the global geocells market is segmented into:
• Textured HDPE Geocell
• Smooth HDPE Geocell
On the basis of application, the global geocells market is segmented into:
• Soil Stabilization
• Soil Erosion Control
• Channel Wall Protection
• Retaining walls
• Geomembrane protection
• Load support/Tree root protection
• Slope protection
• Road verge control
On the basis of end-use industry, the global geocells market is segmented into:
About Coherent Market Insights:
Coherent Market Insights is a prominent market research and consulting firm offering action-ready syndicated research reports, custom market analysis, consulting services, and competitive analysis through various recommendations related to emerging market trends, technologies, and potential absolute dollar opportunity.
Mr. Raj Shah
Coherent Market Insights 1001 4th Ave,
#3200 Seattle, WA 98154,U.S.
Phone: US +1-206-701-6702/UK +44-020 8133 4027